Dear Advanced Opportunities Users,
Today we have released the new and improved Advanced Opportunities Portal 3.0. Our support team and developers have worked diligently to make the portal a little more user friendly, as you work to approve funding requests for students using their Fast Forward funds. This coming August, we will have portal trainings available to go over all of the features and also provide rights for school districts to use “mass upload” functions. Dates for these trainings will be sent out over the summer.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- The exam submission deadline for this school year is May 25th, 2018. This will give you the opportunity to pull out any students who do not show up for their scheduled test.
- June 30th is a very critical date: if you are planning on submitting any make-up requests for the FY18 school year, they must be in the portal by June 30th. Statutorily, our department cannot fund any courses or exams that are not requested within the same fiscal year. Please take time to look over student requests and make sure that a make-up requests are in the portal by the end of the fiscal year, which is June 30th.
- The summer request window is now open. Summer of 2018 is considered to be part of the 2018-2019 school year for purposes of Advanced Opportunities. Summer school requests must be in the portal by June 30th, 2018.
- In FY19, deadlines will adhere to a Semester structure. Therefore, if you are a school that operates on Trimesters, Trimester 1 will adhere to Fall deadlines, and Trimesters 2 & 3 will adhere to Spring deadlines. We will have an extended entry window to accommodate for Trimester 3. However, you will not be required to submit Trimester 2 courses separately.
- Below, you will see the dates for the Portal for FY19.
Please contact our support team if you have any questions.